Food & Drink
Haiti's Rhum Barbancourt Wins Silver at German Rum Festival
- Created on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:57 PM
BERLIN, Germany (sentinel.ht) - Rhum Barbancourt received a silver medal, 2nd place, for âLa RÃ©serve du Domaineâ at the German Rum Festival held in Berlin, October 2013.
Tonton Bicha in Fire of Criticism for Rum Bakara Commercial
- Created on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:25 AM
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (sentinel.ht) - Comedian Daniel "Tonton Bicha" Fils-Aime's latest ad for Rum Bakara has caused a storm of criticism for using the label "cultural rum", trivializing the precedence of foreign beverages and using the dialogue between a houngan and vodouisant to attack the 150 year old Haitian company, Barbancourt, called "Pa Ban'm Kou" in the advertisement.
Barbancourt Export Case First Time Available in U.S.
- Created on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:42 AM
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) - For the first time ever and thanks to popular demand, the iconic Rhum Barbancourt export case is available to rum lovers in the United States. The export case, previously only available in Haiti, features all five Rhum Barbancourt rhums; it is now offered in select markets for a limited time only.
Trezo D'Haiti coffee and Artist Sally Binard Facebook Contest
- Created on Friday, May 03, 2013 2:50 PM
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) - Trezo d'HaÃ¯ti, gourmet Haitian coffee company is teaming up with artist Sally Binard to give away two bags of their famous Haitian coffee and an original print from Sally Binard.
Haitian Beer Prestige Takes Gold Award at World Beer Cup in San Diego
- Created on Sunday, May 06, 2012 1:18 PM
SANTIAGO, USA (defend.ht) - The winners of 2012 Brewers Association World Beer Cup were announced Saturday at a banquet in San Diego and the Haitian beer, Prestige, take the Gold Award for American-Style Cream or Ale category #42.
U.S. Restaurants Begin Carrying Hand-Picked Coffee Beans from Haiti
- Created on Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:34 AM
PHILADELPHIA, USA - In New York and Philadelphia an established coffee brewer began carrying a special kind of coffee that is well grown and hand-picked.
Haiti's Francis Mango Takes the Throne at Exclusive Organic Markets
- Created on Saturday, May 07, 2011 5:48 PM
TEXAS, USA - Haiti's king of fruit â the Francis mango â is taking the throne at Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFMI).
- Created on Friday, March 11, 2011 6:21 PM
A spicy tender steak mix with versatility. It can be eaten by itself or as a side. Traditionally, mixed with rice and served in a bowl, it makes a handy treat.
- Created on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:19 PM
Bouyon is a Haitian soup dish that is traditionally cooked and served on Saturday's. It goes great with Haitian or Cuban bread.
Soup Joumou Recipe
- Created on Friday, March 04, 2011 4:24 PM
The monumental dish of the Haitian revolution, Soup Joumou, squash soup, is the dish of conquerors. It is traditionally served on Haitian Independence Day, January 1st, as a wholesome start to another year.
- Created on Monday, February 28, 2011 4:54 PM
A creamy fruity dish that can be served hot or cold.
Pen Patat Recipe
- Created on Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:48 PM
Pen Pata an extremely delectable dessert. It is soft and fluffy and goes well down with ice cold milk.
- Created on Friday, February 25, 2011 3:04 PM
A creamy and versatile treat for any occasion.
- Created on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:14 PM
When it's time to get festive, Kremas is the universal choice of alcoholic consumption. It is a cool and creamy drink mixed with a delayed haymaker of rum.
- Created on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:45 PM
It's cold in temperature but hot in taste. Hot sauce is the alternative, this is the preferred spice for foods. It goes great with anything.
Pate KÃ²de Recipe
- Created on Monday, February 21, 2011 3:47 PM
It's not a picnic with out it, or a special feast without a platter of Pate made to serve many.
- Created on Friday, February 18, 2011 4:02 PM
Tangy fish with a savory flavor.
- Created on Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:57 PM
Crunchy and good for you.
- Created on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:57 AM
This is a tasty, chewy or crunchy, dish that livens up a plate and taste buds with a great aroma and a taste that delivers.